Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cooking Steak In A Skillet

So, like most of you, the rain has pushed me indoors this summer; curtailing my grilling!

I wanted a nice juicy New York Strip yesterday, but alas, it rained, yet again, on my grilling parade!

No more will I suffer, or do without my steak.  Like the fancy chefs on TV I managed to pull off a perfect steak on and in my electric stove!
The big fat potato had to cook for over an hour.  I didn't have to pick out the largest specimen they had, but I wanted enough to satisfy both wife and me.  
That done, I begin to saute the medium size pieces of baby Bella portabella mushrooms and onions in butter, some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
I put about 2 teaspoons of real butter in an iron skillet and got it up to high heat.  I forked in the salted, peppered, and garlic powdered steaks, fitting the round side of the strips comfortably into the rounded sides of the skillet.

I browned each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until a pleasing brown appears on each steak.

I then popped the skillet into a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes for medium rare, or 20 minutes for well done.

My wife prepared the potato by halving the huge spud, cutting them into sectioned pieces, salting and peppering them, spreading on some butter, then layering on some cheese and sour cream.
I placed a steak on each plate and smothered them with the mushrooms and onions.

This is the way you do it when your grill is being rained on!  As a matter of fact, I my not crank it up again all summer!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails